Rugby Golf Club is a private members’ club founded in 1891 and set in 69 acres. It is a James Braid designed course. Our current Head Greenkeeper, Chris Breen, joined us as Deputy Course manager and was promoted to Head Greenkeeper subsequently. He is leaving us to move on to Carne Golf Links in Ireland.
Over the last two years we have invested in a range of new machinery and will soon have completed the installation of a new irrigation system. Whilst Chris has been with us the Course has received many compliments from members, visitors and societies.
The successful candidate will be dynamic and self -motivated with the ability to lead and manage a team of two-four greenkeepers (plus part-time and specialist sub- contractors when required). He/she will have good communication skills and a flexible approach to working hours and extended working.
To be considered for the role candidates should have at least the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 in Green-keeping or equivalent
- PA1, 2 and 6 spraying certificates
- Machinery maintenance an advantage
- Good understanding of Health & Safety relating to golf course operations
- CS 30 and 31 chainsaw certificates
- A first aid qualification and/or willingness to undertake (refresher) first aid and defibrillator training
Salary and job title will be determined based on experience and qualifications
Interested candidates should contact David Quinn with covering letter outlining experience and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary : Dependent on Experience. If DCM approx £25 K, if HG approx £30-£32K
Rugby Golf Club, Clifton Road, Rugby, CV213RD
11th December 2017