Established in 1924, Bury St Edmunds Golf Club is a parkland course boasting some of the best greens in Suffolk. The 18 hole championship course often holds regional competitions and the club is committed to continual investment in the golf course, machinery and its staff.
The club is seeking a 1st Assistant Greenkeeper to join its current team of 8. Reporting to the Course Manager/Deputy, this important role will include the supervision of staff, the application of pesticides/fertilisers and overall, play a key part in the continual development of the course and the Greenkeeping team.
The ideal candidate will be driven and passionate about their career. A proven track record of producing work to a high standard and a good knowledge of all greenkeeping practices is essential.
Successful candidates require the following:
- NVQ level 2/3
- Ideally PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to learn and develop within the role
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary commensurate of experience and qualifications.
- Paid overtime for weekend work
- The opportunity for further training
- Staff pension scheme
- Paid BIGGA membership (encouraging participation in educational events)
Please apply with C.V. and full cover letter to: email@example.com
24th January 2019