Location: Mattioli Woods Welford Road Stadium & Oval Park Training Ground, Leicester.
Contract Type: Full Time Apprenticeship, Fixed Term.
Apprenticeship: Sports Turf Operative (Level 2) – Provider TBC.
Salary: £8,500.00 pa, rising to £10,750.00 pa upon successful completion of probation period.
Closing Date: 10 September 2021 at 15:00.
Interview Date: Week Commencing 13 September 2021.
Leicester Tigers is the foremost rugby union club in the country with silverware both in domestic and European competitions.
Based at Mattioli Woods Welford Road, the largest designated club rugby stadium in England, and the most iconic home of the sport in this country, Leicester Tigers remains the most successful club in the history of a thriving, competitive and successful league structure.
It is the heritage and dedication to the development of the game that makes the name of Leicester Tigers and Mattioli Woods Welford Road stadium known throughout the rugby-playing world.
At Leicester Tigers, we are excited to announce that an opportunity has opened up to join our Grounds Department, as an Apprentice Grounds Person.
The primary focus of the role will be to assist in the maintenance and preparation of playing surfaces and surrounding areas, to the required standard, at the Club’s Oval Park training facility as well as Mattioli Woods Welford Road Stadium.
Reporting directly to the Head Grounds Person, the successful candidate will join an experienced Grounds team within a unique and exciting environment. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mowing, marking out and helping to maintain all of the playing surfaces to the standards required by the club;
- Using hand machines in the maintenance and preparation of all relevant surrounding areas;
- Helping to ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and stored in a tidy and secure manner;
- Operating in a safe manner, as well as keeping all sites clean and tidy in line with the various Codes of Conduct and the prevailing Health and Safety legislation.
- Treating all employees, stakeholders and customers with dignity and respect, ensuring Tigers values and behaviors are always demonstrated;
- Carrying out any other duties and tasks required, which are within the post-holder’s capabilities;
Further details on the Sports Turf Operative Level 2 Standard can be found by following the link below:
Who we are looking for:
First and foremost, it’s important to us at Leicester Tigers that we bring the right people into our environment.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to actively and consistently exhibit the Club’s four key values:
- Club First: To keep the success of the ‘collective’ in mind in all that they do;
- Tough: To embrace hard work, and to be unwavering in their application and focus;
- Passionate: To genuinely care about their contributions, and how impactful they are in their role;
- Driven: To demonstrate a hunger for personal and professional development; challenging themselves, and those around them.
Working within a fast-paced and high intensity environment, the successful candidate will need the ability to think on their feet, effectively prioritise their workload, and attack challenges head on.
- GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade C/4 or above;
- Experience of using various hand tools or equipment;
- Experience of practical “hands on” hobbies or interests;
- Weekend working and unsociable hours working required;
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- A clean UK driving licence;
- Previous experience within a similar area;
- Previous experience with horticultural machinery;
- Ability to complete tasks to a high level of accuracy, have a good eye for detail.
What you can expect in return:
- Starting at 24 days of annual leave per year + bank holidays.
- An exciting and challenging working environment in the world of sport.
How to Apply:
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for, please download and complete our application form. Once complete, please return by email to email@example.com. Covering Letters and CVs need not be submitted.
All applications should be submitted no later than 15:00 on 10 September 2021. Interviews will take place during the week commencing 13 September 2021.