Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent boarding and day schools for boys aged between 10 and 18 years, with approximately 1500 pupils and over one hundred boarding or flexi-boarding pupils. It was founded in 1596 by Elizabeth I’s last Archbishop of Canterbury, John Whitgift, and is the oldest school in Croydon. Whitgift enjoys facilities of outstanding quality, amongst the best available nationally, in a beautiful parkland estate in South Croydon with excellent links to London, Surrey and the south coast.
We are seeking to appoint a full-time Apprentice Groundsperson to join our Grounds Team. Under the general direction of the Head Groundsman, the apprentice will assist in day-to-day preparation, maintenance and upkeep of grounds and sports pitches to the highest possible standards.
Apprentices will also be expected to undertake all relevant training and keep up with studying schedules as set by tutors.
- Be highly motivated and ambitious
- Be reliable, enthusiastic and able to work unsupervised
- Be good humoured and desiring to achieve the highest standards
- Work independently but also as part of a team
- Be flexible and willing to work overtime when required
- Always adhere to Health and Safety guidelines
- Have a confirmed place on an approved Grounds maintenance course (to be arranged on application).
- Genuine interest in sports ground maintenance.
- Driving Licence desirable.
Process to apply:
For further information and an online application form, please visit the School’s website: www.whitgift.co.uk/vacancies . For any queries, please telephone School HR on 020 8688 9222 or e-mail email@example.com .
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis, so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Closing date is midday on Wednesday 18 September 2019.
Whitgift School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Services.
Fixed-Term (2 years), Full-Time, Full-Year
40 hours per week, 8.00am – 4.30pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break
National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage for over 25s
0208 688 9222
Wednesday, 18 September 2019