Ogbourne Downs Golf Club is an 18 hole member-owned golf club which has been in existence since 1907, located between Swindon and Marlborough, 3 miles from junction 15 of the M4, and is one of the finest Downland Golf Courses in Wiltshire. It’s fast draining, always open and boasts fabulously stunning views. Designed by five time Open Championship winner J.H. Taylor, the holes are set amidst 200 acres of glorious downland terrain which make for a fantastic game of golf.
The Golf Club requires an experienced Greenkeeper to assist in the day to day maintenance of its Golf Course and Grounds. Candidates need to be dynamic and have the drive and ambition to help further improve Ogbourne Downs Golf Club’s product and deliver the best possible golf experience for the club’s members, their guests and visitors.
The role will have the opportunity, for the right candidate, to progress to Deputy Head Greenkeeper.
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 in sports turf management.
- A minimum of 4 year’s experience working as a greenkeeper.
- Must be proficient in using modern golf course machinery.
- Professional and flexible attitude.
- Spraying certificates (PA1, PA2, PA6).
Preferred Skills/Requirements (but not essential):
- Knowledge and hands on experience of irrigation repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of greens machinery servicing and repairs.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 per year (dependent on experience and skills)
Interested applicants should send a covering letter (which includes their salary expectations) and CV by email to the Club Manager at: email@example.com
Friday 1st June 2018