Ashton-In-Makerfield Golf Club was founded in 1902 and is a mature parkland course situated just off junction 24 of the M6. It is a private members club recognised for its friendly atmosphere providing a positive and welcoming environment for male and female golfers of all ages and abilities.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Greenkeeper to join our team in the maintenance and development of our golf course working under the Head Greenkeeper and Deputy Head Greenkeeper.
This role is for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join a small dedicated team in the preparation and maintenance of the golf course.
The successful candidate will require:
- A minimum of two years greenkeeping experience
- A minimum of an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- A willingness to learn and work to high standards
- A flexible approach to working hours and weekend work
- Competence with operation and maintenance of machinery
- Good communication and timekeeping skills
- A positive approach to daily tasks
- High levels of motivation, a strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team
- To maintain healthy and safe working practices at all times
- PA1, PA2, & PA6 spraying and chain saw certificates
- An understanding of traditional and modern practice
In return we offer:
- An attractive salary will be offered relative to your level of experience and qualifications
- Contributory government pension scheme
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Further training opportunities
- BIGGA membership
- Embroidered Uniform and all PPE provided by the Club
- Complimentary golf
The Assistant Greenkeeper position is full-time, based on a 40-hour week pro-rata with weekends worked on a rota basis. A salary and benefits package will be offered commensurate with qualifications, experience and suitability.
Applicants are requested to send their CV via e-mail to: