Leckford Golf Course in Hampshire is looking to recruit an ambitious and enthusiastic Greenkeeper. No experience is necessary as training, leading to a formal qualification, will be provided for the right candidate.
The Golf Course
Leckford Golf Course, situated on the Waitrose Farm, is unique in many respects; comprising two distinct 9 hole golf courses each of which were designed by the most influential course architect of their age. The Old course which opened its doors in 1929 was designed by Harry Colt and the New Course which followed in 1989 was designed by Donald Steel.
Leckford is a progressive thinking club with a thriving membership and are always looking for ways to improve our customer offer; the most recent addition is nine new tees on the Old Course offering a different perspective of the hole when playing the course twice.
Visit our website – www.leckfordgolf.co.uk
The role offers someone an exciting opportunity to join our experienced greenkeeping team who are responsible for the maintenance and development of our golf course and cricket ground; the successful applicant will be rewarded with the many benefits of working for the John Lewis Partnership.
Over the course of the employment, the successful applicant will also gain experience in all aspects of golf course management and maintenance and will have the opportunity to be introduced to all golf course equipment and machinery.
Greenkeepers work early mornings and in all weather conditions and are involved in physically demanding work so these are things you can also expect to experience as an integral part of the Greenkeeping team. Your training will be a mixture of on and off the job training that will be delivered by our experienced greenkeeping staff alongside local training providers.
The day to day tasks will include:
• Mowing banks, rough and semi rough areas, surrounds and approaches, tees, greens and fairways
• Preparing cricket wickets
• Scarifying/verti-cutting and aerating turf
• Applying nutrition and top dressing
• Repairing divots
• Irrigating turf
• Identifying and controlling weeds/Identifying and controlling pests
• Identifying and control of turf diseases and disorders
• Preparing ground to establish turf
• Identifying grasses on the golf course
• Marking of hazards, out of bounds and ground under repair
• Moving tee markers
• Maintaining bunkers
• Maintaining golf course furniture
• Changing holes
• Rolling turf
• Driving a tractor with implements
• Undertaking routine machine maintenance
• Preparing machinery for use
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
• Full driving licence
• Ability to work in a team
• Positive attitude and a desire to learn
• Keen eye for detail
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
• Basic knowledge of golf course operations
• Knowledge of the game of golf
• Knowledge of machinery
• Pa1 & Pa2
• NVQ level 2 sports turf maintenance or equivalent
Please consider the following when making your application:
– We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early
– Print off the job description now if you require it
– Ensure you have an up-to-date CV
To apply: Please use the following link or select the ‘Apply Now’ button: https://www.jlpjobs.com/search-jobs/assistant-greenkeeper-leckford-golf-course-1807468/