Wimbledon Park Golf Club invites you to apply for the position of Assistant Greenkeeper. The successful candidate will join our existing team of 10.
Start date: Early July 2018.
Wimbledon Park Golf Club is set on a Capability Brown landscape and was designed by the famous architect Willie Park Jr. It is a private members club just a stone’s throw away from the famous All England Lawn Tennis Club.
With the aid of architect Tim Lobb of Lobb and Partners, Wimbledon Park Golf Club has recently undergone a full course restoration back to its early 1900’s style. The development included: a brand-new Toro Lynx irrigation system covering all playing surfaces; the rebuilding of 66 brand new bunkers complete with blinder liner and 2015 saw the first phase of a 3-5-year programme to install a brand new primary and secondary drainage system to all fairways, approaches, carries and semi-rough areas.
In 2016, the team won the ‘BIGGA Greenkeeping Achievement of the Year’ award.
The position is based on a 37.5-hour week Monday to Friday, weekends worked and paid on a rota basis; however, flexibility will be essential, particularly over the summer months and leading up to and during tournaments.
- A CGCS recommended salary for the London area
- Overtime paid at time and a half (double time for Sundays)
- Up to 5% performance-related bonus scheme from 2018
- An annual pay rise based on CGCS recommendation
- Travel, accommodation and seminars at BTME all paid for
- Full BIGGA membership
- Training and development opportunities
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Lunch provided daily
- 2 grounds passes for The Wimbledon Championships
- There is no accommodation provided
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 3 years Greenkeeping experience
- NVQ Level 2 Sports Turf Management is essential
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of irrigation system maintenance desirable but not essential
- The successful candidate should be someone with overall high standards, a great team player and a good communicator
He or she will need to be enthusiastic towards furthering their career and future development as training and further education will be provided
Salary: £24,947 per annum
26th May 2018