Motherwell Football Club is looking for a talented and dedicated Assistant Groundsperson to the join the Pitchcare team at Fir Park Stadium.
The Assistant Groundsperson will report to and assist the Head Groundsperson in the management and delivery of all aspects of sports pitch maintenance, ensuring the highest standards of safety and quality for employees, supporters and customers.
Key tasks will include:
- To assist in the delivery of high quality sports pitch maintenance services at Fir Park Stadium, in line with policies, legislative, environmental and certifying authorities’ compliance and best practice.
- To assist in allocated sports pitch maintenance tasks from start to completion in a timely and highly professional manner.
The successful candidate will have a track record of sports pitch maintenance, ideally within a professional football environment.
The successful candidate should also have experience with sports pitch maintenance systems and equipment and their application and use, including maintenance of reinforced pitches, preferably fibre sand and full understanding of automatic irrigation systems.
Practical football matchday experience and understanding is essential to this role.
Additional Essential Requirements:
- Hold or be in the process of completing an NVQ level 2 qualification in Sports Turf maintenance (or equivalent).
- Hold N.P.T.C. pa1 and pa6 certificates in Pesticide Usage or be prepared to receive such training as/when required.
- Qualified in the operation of agricultural motor vehicles or prepared to receive such training.
- Experience of working in an outdoor environment and using powered equipment.
- Experience of working in sports turf, including the maintenance of reinforced pitches and ideally in a professional football setting.
- Prepared to carry out various manual work that this role requires.
- Ability to listen carefully and adhere to instructions with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure as well as the ability to work unsupervised on basic tasks if required.
- Experience of working on various artificial surfaces including 3G pitches.
- An understanding of Health & Safety at Work principles.
- A full, current UK car driving license.
Salary: Salary is competitive and dependent on experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12th September 2019
Motherwell Football Club promotes equal opportunities in employment and welcomes all applications from people who meet the requirements of the job description.