At the heart and soul of London since 1895 West Ham United is a dynamic, fan-focused football Club constantly moving forward but always with an eye on the past.
Our home at the London Stadium has a capacity of 60,000 making it one of the biggest club stadia in the country however our tickets are the lowest priced for London based clubs in the Premier League, echoing objectives to create Affordable Family Football. With investment shown in Manuel Pellegrini’s side we reached a top half finish in the 2018/19 campaign with ambitions for a top six challenge moving forward.
In 2018, our women’s team gained professional status for the very first time, jumping two divisions and competed in the Women’s Super League (WSL), the premier division of women’s football in England. After finishing a respectable seventh, the team enjoyed particular success in the FA Cup reaching the final of the competition, eventually being beaten by 2017 winners Manchester City.
More recently in April 2019, we opened our brand-new Academy facility based at Chadwell Heath which will help to bring through some of the very best talent in the area, the recent emergence of first team players Declan Rice and Grady Diangana are a testament to the work already being done at the Academy.
On the business side, we are continuing to create a stadium our supporters can call home, with the renaming of the Billy Bonds Stand and Claret and Blue pitch surrounding amongst the latest developments. Additionally, the Club is on target to achieve the Advanced Level of the Premier League’s Equality Standard, whilst also achieving the Disability Confident Leader status which highlights the club’s commitment to Equality and Diversity.
The Club employs a constantly growing workforce of approximately 300 core staff and 500 Foundation and events staff, and is a truly unique place to work and we are always looking for talented individuals who will thrive in our ambitious organisation. We offer a range of exciting career opportunities across a number of departments including media, marketing, sponsorship, ticket office, retail, maintenance, groundstaff, IT, finance and human resources. Additionally we have a number of career opportunities within our Academy and first team including: physiotherapy, analysts (performance and recruitment), player care, Academy coaching and scouting.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: – Essential (E), Desirable (D)
- NVQ level 2 (or Equivalent) in Horticulture (E)
- Experience in working on professional sports grounds (D)
- PA 1, 2 and 6 Spraying (D)
- Team Player (E)
- Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to adapt to change and work under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work outdoors and in all weathers (E)
- Able to accept and carryout instructions (E)
NVQ level 2 (or Equivalent) in Horticulture (E)
Experience in working on professional sports grounds (D)
PA 1, 2 and 6 Spraying (D)
Process to apply:
Please apply through our recruitment site at https://www.whufc.com/club/recruitment/vacancies by 20th September 2019.
- Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work in relation to playing surfaces as assigned by the Head Groundsman or Deputy Head Groundsman. Undertake all preparatory and cultivation work to maintain safe quality playing surfaces.
- Initial marking out and setting up of playing surfaces to a high standard undertaking all duties to ensure the best possible results are achieved.
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in grounds maintenance.
- Inform the supervisor and where instructed, take corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment.
- At all times adhere to high standards in relation to Health and Safety upholding the Company policy in this respect.
- Undertake general grounds maintenance tasks in relation to the playing surface and surrounding areas.
- Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and end users.
- When dealing with customers / clients / public uphold high standards of customer care and attention at all times promoting the image of the Company.
- General Grounds Maintenance – Contribute to the upkeep/presentation of the site including verges, hedges & off-pitch areas.
- Mowing- Regular mowing of training areas using a variety of mowing equipment.
- Aeration, brushing, seeding- Use of tractor units & utility vehicles with a wide range of attachments utilised for turf care maintenance.
- To set-out & over mark pitches & pre-determined areas ready for play.
- Reinstatement of pitches- Divot repair work following play.
- Irrigation – Set-up & use both travelling & automated irrigation systems.
- Fertilising – Apply appropriate sports turf granular fertiliser as directed as part of an annual nutritional programme.
- Matchday preparation – Set-up goals, flags, etc. for scheduled matches at Development Squad & Academy levels.
- Artificial Surface Maintenance – Regular brushing/grooming 3G artificial surfaces using specialised equipment.
40hrs per week
£22,000 – £24,000
0208 586 8237
Friday, 20 September 2019