Estate Management design, repair, maintain and secure all campuses. We aim to provide a seamless service to all students, staff and visitors. Covering a multitude of services, we are available to assist with any issue concerning the University estate and grounds.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Head Grounds Person to join the Grounds Section at the University of Essex.
Duties of the Role:
Reporting to the Head Grounds Person, you will work as part of the Sports Field team and also on your own to maintain and develop the grass sports pitches, tennis courts and synthetic pitches to a very high standard.
Responsibilities will include:
- Asisting the Head Grounds Person in delivering a schedule of works for the year, for the maintenance and upkeep of the → Universities outside sports facilities to include fertilising, aerating and renovation work
- Using, maintaining and managing grass cutting and grass management machinery so all are used, maintained and cleaned to a very high standard to include, line marking equipment, general mowers, cricket specific mowers, aerators and scarifiers
- Fulfilling litter collection duties on site
- Goal post and Rugby post erection, dismantling storage and maintenance
- Undertaking snow clearance and gritting when required
Skills and Qualifications required:
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of working within a grounds environment, with experience operating a variety of grounds machinery and equipment and will desire to produce a high level of service, with good attention to detail.
You will also need:
- 5 GCSE Grads A-C, or equivalent, including in English and Mathematics
- NVQ in Amenity Horticulture and Sports Field Maintenance level 2 or equivalent
- Certificate in safe use of pesticides (e.g. NPTC PA1 & PA6)
- Awareness and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation relating to grounds chemicals/materials and working practises
At the University of Essex internationalism is central to who we are and what we do. We are committed to being a cosmopolitan, internationally-oriented university that is welcoming to staff and students from all countries and a university where you can find the world in one place.
Please visit our website (http://www.essex.ac.uk/vacancies/) for a full job description, person specification and more information relating to this post. We recommend you read this information carefully before making an application. Applications should be made on-line, but if you would like advice or help in making an application, or need information in a different format, please telephone the Resourcing Team (01206 876559).
Wednesday, 31 October 2018
£19,202 – £22,017 per annum
Monday, 15 October 2018