Designed by Harry Colt and opened for play in 1924, Tandridge is a private members golf club, currently in the Top 100 Courses in the UK & Ireland.
We are now embarking on a new Course Evolution Program as part of our vision to continually improve our course, under the guidance of our appointed architects, Lobb & Partners. We are also in the early stages of building a Reservoir with Bore Hole and the installation of Fairway Irrigation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Course Manager in the management and preparation of the course and surrounding areas. In addition to in-depth involvement with the Course Evolution works over the next 5 or 6 years, the position of Deputy Course Manager entails supervising, planning, maintaining and participating in the preparation and conditioning of the golf course and maintenance of the highest professional standards in safety and quality of service.
The primary requirement of the role is to have management experience and applicants will need to possess the following qualifications, experience and skills;
- Proven management experience, ‘hands on’ managing a greenkeeping team and taking the lead role when the Course Manager is absent.
- Qualified to Level 3 or higher in Sports Turf Management and Maintenance.
- Passionate, flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Golf course construction experience.
- Excellent communicator and strong team player.
- Experience of Tournament course preparation is desirable.
- The ability to work in an efficient and effective manner and prioritise work schedules.
- Proven experience of the preparation and operation of green keeping machinery and equipment including experience of basic fault finding and servicing requirements.
- Spraying certification required (PA1, PA2 & PA6) & Chainsaw Certificate desirable.
- Experience in the use and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of IT systems, excel spreadsheets, in order to assist with the preparation & control of budgets.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to greenkeeping together with a commitment to prepare the course to the highest standards.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and in line with CGCS recommendations.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter by email to: email@example.com
16th October 2019