Charterhouse is a beautiful school and a wonderful place to live and work. It was founded in 1611 and moved to its present magnificent site near Godalming in Surrey in 1872.
Our stunning grounds cover 250 acres and comprise 135 acres of playing fields including 16 football pitches, 6 hockey pitches, 1 rugby pitch, 1 lacrosse pitch, 9 cricket squares, all-weather cricket nets, 12 hard tennis courts, 12 all-weather tennis courts, 3 all-weather hockey pitch, 1 athletics tartan running track plus field sports areas. There is a 35 acre 9-hole golf course covering 2,576 yards. Ornamental lawns and gardens are present in and around the school buildings, boarding houses and the Old Headmaster’s Garden. There are also 60 acres of woodlands, some of which are Sites of Special Scientific Interest.
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Grounds Manager to join our successful Grounds Department.
As the Deputy Grounds Manager you will support the Grounds Manager in proactively managing and maintaining the highest standards of playing surfaces, woodlands, gardens and lawns as well as deputising for the Grounds Manager in his absence. The post will combine extensive ‘hands-on’ leadership with administrative management responsibilities.
This is an exciting full time role, working all year round. Generally, the responsibilities can be carried out between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, however evening and weekend work will be required, on rota basis, particularly during the cricket and Summer season, and when the weather impacts on the activities of the School.
The proposed start date for this appointment is September 2018.
Specific Experience and Qualifications Required:
– Experience of working within the grounds care profession (at least 5 years in the industry)
– Able to demonstrate technical knowledge of industry standards and resources
– Sound working knowledge of grounds-related plant and machinery
– Able to demonstrate understanding of relevant and current health and safety and industry legislation
– IT literate (Microsoft Office suite)
– NVQ level 2 Amenity Horticulture or IOG National Diploma in Turf Culture
– Spraying qualifications – PA1a, PA2a and PA6a
– Current clean driving licence
£28,000 to £32,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
For any informal queries please telephone Agata Scott-Hubbard, HR Manager, on 01483 291506. For further details and an application form, please visit www.charterhouse.org.uk/jobs .
Wednesday 27 June 2018