Responsible for the preparation and running of the Emirates Stadium and wider facilities at other locations for all events and functions. Department remit includes property and facilities management, spectator safety at events, wider Health and Safety matters.
To assist the Head Grounds Person in the day-to-day maintenance and general upkeep of the Emirates Stadium.
- Effective management of all grounds activities to consistently achieve the recognised standards and availability to satisfy both the Club and its end users (e.g. coaches, players etc) requirements
- Management of daily tasks in the absence of the Head Grounds Person
- Assist the Head Grounds Person in the management of the playing surface and pitch surround for the end user. This will include hand and ride on mowers, sprinkler maintenance, aeration, divoting, fertilising, spraying, management of the SGL lighting units, FAVV’s and undersoil heating system
- Monitoring and registration of all maintenance schedules
- Good knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations in the area of responsibility
- Communication with Coaching staff with regard to pitch usage
- Manage and check facilities, plant, buildings and equipment to ensure safe working
- Practices and Health and Safety legislation compliance
- Management of all equipment so that it is correctly stored, maintained and serviced
- Conduct basic risk assessments, assist in developing contingency plans and be able to respond to emergencies.
- Actively promote safe practices
- Assist in the management of additional events such as concerts and additional end of season activities
- Gather and record information to develop trend data and analyse past usage.
- Make recommendations for improving the best use of resources and playing surfaces
- Wide use of machinery in renovation of grass areas – use of topdressers, tractors, scarification and seeding equipment
- Management and operation of the irrigation system
- Marking out pitches
- Helping out with deliveries, manual handling of bags of sand, sand soil, fertilizer bags, seed bags ranging from 20-25kg
- Cleaning equipment stores and associated washdown areas
- Erecting/dismantling portable goals and ball stop netting on matchdays
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
Match/Event responsibilities and organisation:
Arsenal Home Fixtures, Concerts, Corporate events.
Hours of work:
This role requires individuals to work flexibly. There may be some evening and weekend work required.
How to apply:
For further details, and to apply online, please go to www.arsenaljobs.com/search-list?vacancyid=565
40 Hours per week, with some evening and weekend work required
Friday, 15 February 2019