First Assistant Greenkeeper
Richmond Park Golf Course
We have a new role and an outstanding career opportunity to become part one of London’s busiest golf clubs.
Richmond Park Golf Course is a 36 hole parkland course located within the Richmond Park nature reserve. We are a SSSI site and occupy 240 acres of beautiful grasslands, this includes a large driving range and short game academy course.
We now require a First Assistant Greenkeeper to help support the Deputy and Head Greenkeepers and supervise our team of 8. There is a great opportunity to gain construction project experience and take hold of some responsibility from the senior staff. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week including early starts and weekends.
- Minimum of 3 years greenkeeping experience
- NVQ Level 2/3 in sports turf management or working towards 3
- Work efficiently with exceptional attention to detail
- Competent in the use of a variety of golf machinery
- Help lead renovation projects and construction works including bunkers and paths
- Pro-active and forthcoming with new ideas and suggestions
- Good knowledge of health and safety
- Team player with a drive to improve
- Career focused and goal orientated
- Able to present high levels of customer service
- Spray qualifications PA1, PA2 & PA6
- Chainsaw certification CS30 & CS31
- Bunker construction an advantage
- IT skills
What can Glendale Golf offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Complimentary use of all Glendale Golf courses
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal – discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Career progression
- Training and development
Glendale Golf is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
Apply with CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org