Ellesmere Golf Club is a beautiful parkland course measuring 6287yds par 70, situated in Worsley and only 10 minutes from Manchester city centre. Established in 1913, the course is surrounded by mature trees and has excellent practice facilities which includes a 330yd practice ground, pitching area, chipping/bunker green, practice net and putting green.
We are currently looking to employ a passionate and ambitious individual as a Greenkeeper to help maintain the high standards our members and visitors have come to expect at Ellesmere.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- To carry out routine golf course maintenance as directed by the Course Manager in accordance with the Club’s Golf Course Maintenance Policy, Health and Safety Policy and the BIGGA Member Code of Ethics.
- Work will consist of the skilled use of appropriate tools and equipment on a daily basis, which include the utilisation of ride on mowers, tractors and mounted accessories, as well as pedestrian controlled plant and powered hand tools. A typical working week will include both manual and machinery tasks.
Overall responsibilities will include the following operations:
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the workplace.
- Machine mowing of banks, rough, semi-rough, tees, collars, approaches, greens.
- Changing holes.
- Scarifying, verti-cutting, aeration.
- Applying nutrition & top dressing.
- Identifying control of weeds, pests, and control of turf disease and disorders.
- Bunker maintenance.
- Routine machinery maintenance.
- Effective communication.
- Uniform and PPE will be supplied.
The working week will be 43 hours, inclusive of some weekend work and will vary depending on the season.
- NVQ 11 Sportsturf or equivalent. (Willingness to work towards Level 3 Advanced Greenkeeping).
- PA1, PA2A, PA6 spraying certificates.
- CA30/C31 chainsaw qualifications – desirable.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to work as part of a team and at times on your own.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
We offer an attractive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please apply by letter or email enclosing a full C.V. to:
Monday 15th March 2021