Already one of the finest courses in East Anglia and on the cusp of the top 100 in England we are looking for Thetford to be acknowledged as one of the very best heathland courses in the UK and to be a club that anyone would be proud to be a member of.
Central to our ambitions is the continued development and conditioning of the course. To help us realise this we are growing our team and seek an experienced and qualified Greenkeeper. This new position is a demonstration of our commitment to invest in the course as part of our Course Development Plan, and a passion to move Thetford Golf Club to the next level.
Reporting to the Course Manager, the role requires the daily presentation of the course, project work and all other aspects of turf maintenance. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, enthusiastic, committed and a team player. A proven track record of producing work to a high standard and a good knowledge of modern greenkeeping practices is essential.
You will be joining a professional, motivated team dedicated to the creation and upkeep of a ‘must play’ course that will be recognised as one of the finest in the country. If this sounds like the opportunity and challenge you are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will possess/be able to demonstrate
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in sports turf management
- PA1, PA2, PA6 spraying certification
- Qualified CS30 & CS31 chainsaw operator (desirable)
- ‘First Aid at Work’ qualification (desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of all associated Health and Safety legislation
- Experience of general greens maintenance
- A good knowledge of how to calibrate and set up technical spraying equipment and fertiliser spreaders.
- A good mechanical knowledge (including repair and maintenance), understanding and use of a wide range of turf machinery
- Construction and remodelling experience
- Experience with an automatic irrigation system, including servicing, diagnosing faults, repair and correct usage of water (desirable but not essential)
- Show the ability to plan, monitor, evaluate and respond to course performance
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, including a weekend rota
- A full UK Driving Licence
- The ability to play golf and/or show a desire for the game (desirable but not essential)
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Opportunity to further knowledge & qualifications funded by the Club
- BIGGA membership
- Full membership of the club and facilities
To apply please send an email including a covering letter highlighting your motivation for the role, relevant experience and skills matched to the key qualities we require, an up to date CV and details of your current remuneration to email@example.com
If you would prefer to apply by post, please enclose the information in a letter marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to The Secretary, Thetford Golf Club, Brandon Road, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 3NE