Established in 1895, Reigate Heath Golf Club was recently ranked the 6th best 9-hole course in the world by GOLF.com and was described by Peter Allis as “a little gem”.
The course is set within a 120 acre Site of Special Scientific Interest, where heather and gorse-lined fairways are laid out on a natural heathland landscape around a beautiful old clubhouse and windmill. The course is configured with nine holes and eighteen separate tees which are positioned so that they change the appearance of every hole.
A vacancy has arisen to join our greenkeeping team. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to complement our experienced and dedicated team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will contribute to the maintenance and development of the course and its practice facilities.
This is a full-time contract based on an average of 40 hours per week which will include some weekend work on a rota basis.
Successful applicants should have the following key requirements:
- NVQ Level 2 in sports turf management, or working towards it
- Minimum 2 years’ green keeping experience
- Spraying and Chainsaw qualifications (desirable but not essential)
- Trained and proficient in operating and maintaining heavy and light machinery
- Have a good knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Good time management
- Reliable and punctual
- An ability to work well in a team and to use your own initiative when needed
- Driving licence
- Knowledge of golf and the rules (preferred but not essential)
- Competitive salary according to experience and qualifications
- Staff uniform and PPE provided
- BIGGA membership
- Staff golf course membership
Please apply by email with a current CV and covering letter to: Sarah Christie, Club Secretary, email@example.com a job description available on request.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 8th February 2022.