Heythrop Park Resort is seeking a fully trained and qualified Golf Course Greenkeeper to carry out routine golf course maintenance tasks as directed by the Estate Manager, in accordance with the Resort’s Golf Course Maintenance Policy, its Health and Safety Policy and the Greenkeepers Code of Conduct.
Set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside Heythrop Park Resort boasts two individual hotels including Crowne Plaza. The two hotels provide over 350 bedrooms, state-of-the-art meeting facilities for up to 450 delegates plus 4 bars and 4 restaurants. Also located at the Resort is an 18 hole championship standard golf course which hosted the European Challenge Tour 2016 and a Health Club with spa treatment rooms.
- Cut tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough.
- Set up the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, indicating OOB, Drop zones and hazards.
- Switch and brush greens
- Apply top dressing and fertilizer
- Identify and control pests and diseases
- Renovate worn and damaged turf
- Prepare and maintain machinery
Candidates should have:
- Excellent communications skills and fluency in English
- The ability to work on their own and part of a team
- Experience of use/maintenance of ride-on, cylinder/rotary mowers
- The ability to keep records well (pesticides) and follow instructions
- Good knowledge of machinery/horticulture an advantage
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in different areas and being adaptable.
The successful candidate must be qualified to NVQ level 2 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent. Having chainsaw (CS32 and CS33) and spraying (PA1, 2 and 6) qualifications would be an advantage. Full valid driving license is required.
The work hours are Mon-Fri from 6.30am to 5pm in summer time and 7.30am to 2pm in the winter. The 2 hours extra daily are taken in lieu during the winter season or when appropriate. The shift pattern includes alternate weekends.
Heythrop Park Resort is not connected to public transportation therefore candidates need to have their own transport.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and applicants will be asked for documentation.
If you have the necessary skills and experience please send your CV together with a cover letter to Gundula Seifert at email@example.com.
31st May 2018