The Stoke by Nayland Hotel Golf & Leisure are looking for an experienced Greenkeeper to join their team on a full time basis.
Stoke by Nayland Golf & Leisure plays host to 2 x 18 hole golf courses. The Gainsborough course is over 7,000 yards and regularly hosts prestigious PGA tournaments. The Constable course is very popular with hotel residents, families and members alike. The facility also consists of a large driving range and extensive practice facilities.
Working as part of the greenkeeping team, the successful candidate will report to the Head Greenkeeper
As part of the greenkeeping team you will be expected to work Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work. This role offers a competitive salary as well as additional employee benefits. Due to our location, having your own transport is essential.
To work within the team to maintain the golf course to a high standard as expected by the members and guests of Stoke by Nayland Golf & Leisure.
- To assist in ensuring the course is properly laid out, prepared and maintained to the required standard for members and guests to the Club
- Work with the greenkeeping team to assist in the turf maintenance including mowing, irrigating and control of pests and disease on the greens
- To assist in the maintenance of bunkers course furniture and holes
- Operate machinery used for specific tasks whilst complying with standard operating procedures to ensure Health & Safety regulations are met
- Ensure all Health & Safety systems protect and promote a safe working environment
- To comply with any reasonable instruction issued by your Manager
- Undertake all operations in an environmentally sustainable manner
- Maintain open communication, ensuring all team members are well informed at all times and working collaboratively with other departments
Qualifications or desired skills;
- 2+ years greenkeeping experience desirable
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification in greenkeeping
- Chainsaw certification
- Irrigation certification
- Heavy plant certificates
- Pesticide spraying licence PA1, PA2 PA6
- A good knowledge of golf course maintenance practices
- Practical skills for driving and operating machinery
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with others
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Full driving licence
- Team Player
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com