Warwick Independent Schools Foundation is seeking to appoint an excellent operative who is a good team-worker with a confident, professional and approachable manner. The successful applicant will have the ability to be flexible and takes a real pride in their work / what they can accomplish.
- You will have proven grounds experience, specialising in sports pitches and be able to offer support to all areas of grounds maintenance and development of a large 60acre estate.
- You will continue with a high level of quality and workmanship with improvements continually shown to all areas of the grounds and estate.
- You will assist in maintaining the playing fields, lawns, artificial pitches, hedges, shrub beds, trees, gardens & hardcourt areas to a
high standard ensuring they are safe/fit for purpose.
- You will assist in marking / setting out pitches for football, rugby, cricket, athletics and associated sports equipment, and other areas as required by your line-manager/Grounds Supervisor in liaison with the Sports Departments
- Assist in ensuring all lawns, beds, boarders and hanging baskets are watered regularly depending on the conditions. Undertake digging, planting and weeding of flower beds, boarders hanging baskets pruning shrubs and small trees.
The role as Grounds Person will be a motivated individual who is seeking to improve their skillset whilst providing a valuable hands-on role within our Grounds Team. The role will carry out the maintenance and preparation of sports surfaces.
Reporting to Grounds Manager (Direct Line Manager)
Also accountable to Deputy Grounds Manager and Grounds Supervisor
- To assist the Grounds Manager\Grounds Supervisor in the maintenance, development and upkeep of the grounds, all grass and hard\artificial pitches.
- Maintain the lawns, playing fields, artificial pitches, hedges, shrub beds, trees, gardens and hardcourt areas to a high standard ensuring they are safe and fit for purpose.
- To mark and set out pitches for football, rugby, cricket and athletics and associated sports equipment and other areas as required by the Grounds Manager\Grounds Supervisor(s)in liaison with the Sports Departments.
- To ensure all grounds plant and machinery are checked before use, reporting any defects to the Grounds Manager\Grounds Supervisor.
- Undertake cleaning duties, as appropriately directed by the Grounds Manager\ Grounds Supervisor
- To assist with the supervision of contractors, suppliers or any other staff working in the grounds team.
- To help maintain the irrigation and land drainage systems and ditch maintenance.
- To undertake grounds work requests through the internal Quadpro Estates software that are allocated by the Grounds Manager\Grounds Supervisor.
- Undertake painting, removing rubbish and carrying out general duties as directed by the Grounds Manager\Grounds Supervisors.
Salary £21,268 per annum (rising to a maximum of £23,450)
40 hours per week; full-time – 52 weeks
5 over 7 days, primarily Monday to Friday 07:00 – 16:00
• Competitive contributory pension scheme.
• Staff Fee remission at our schools on our Warwick Campus.
• Use of the Sports Complex for staff.
• A strong, supportive staff community.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please visit the vacancies page on either the Warwick School, King’s High School or Warwick Preparatory School Websites, where you will find an application form.
Completed applications should be submitted by the deadline date to email@example.com
Deadline for submissions:
Friday 8 October 2021 at 9am
An interview will include questions about safeguarding children. The appointment will depend on satisfactory DBS clearance.