Bristol Sport Grounds team are responsible for maintaining 75 acres of sports playing surfaces ranging from hybrid and natural turf pitches to synthetic grass and hard porous areas. This includes the playing surface’s and landscape surrounds at Ashton Gate Stadium, First Team and Academy areas at Bristol City’s Training Ground and at the Bristol Bears High Performance Centre whilst the department also oversee playing surfaces for QEH school in Failand, Bristol.
• Mowing, aeration, scarifying and fertilising using tractor mounted and pedestrian machinery
• Line marking; Initial setting out and mark and weekly over marking
• Brushing of the artificial surfaces
• Leaf clearing, litter picking and debris clearance
• Goal post erection/dismantling, maintenance and storage
• Roping off and preparing for events
• To clean and maintain machinery and equipment to maintain good working order
• Caring for surrounding areas, such as flower beds or areas of concrete and tarmac.
• Operating light and heavy equipment such as rotavators sprinklers
• Driving tractors which tow a variety of machines.
Good communication skills
Willing to learn and teach others
Passion for the role
Access to own transport
– NVQ Level 2 sports turf / horticulture related field – or willing to learn
– PA1, 2 and 6 (Certificate in the safe application of Chemicals)
up to £18,000 per annum depending on experience
Exclusive offers on Perkpal
Those interested should send us their CV and tell us a little about themselves – email@example.com