Are you an awesome Grounds Person, Greenkeeper, or Turfie looking for a new chapter? The Q.E. Grounds Team is expanding and waiting for you.
We primarily work as a team to provide high quality playing surfaces for our pupils across all age groups. However, we also prepare pitches for Premier League football clubs, their academies and more. We’re also going to be providing professional grounds care for a world-leading Rugby league team as QE becomes an official training venue for the Rugby League World Cup 2022.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Then here’s why you should come work with us.
- Working hours and rotas to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Excellent rural location between York and Harrogate but next to the A1
- Modern welfare facilities to enjoy your tea breaks with free tea and coffee provided
- Use of a staff only gym. Available all day from early morning into the evening
- 33 days holiday (Bank Holidays inclusive)
- Long term service awards bringing you additional benefits. E.g., Additional holiday entitlement
- Free secure onsite parking
- Job specific training
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24 hours a day
- Staff social events throughout the year including our infamous Christmas Ball, Estate Christmas Lunch and Family Summer Fun Day
- Significant discount on school fees from Kindergarten to Year 6 for your children
- Discount on King’s Theatre productions – external events
- Eligible staff are enrolled in the Workplace Pension Scheme
- Free flu jabs offered through our medical centre
- Refer a friend scheme
- The Legendary Groundo’s Breakfast
What do we need from you?
- A conscientious and safe approach to all your work for the awareness and safeguarding of you, your colleagues and everyone within the school environment
- Creative thinking and the ability to work intelligently to provide high quality playing surfaces for our school pupils and external bookings
A keen eye for detail to maintain a variety of certified surfaces and systems that include but not limited to:
- Natural grass surfaces predominantly for football, rugby, and cricket
- Modern grounds care machinery
- 3G for both football and rugby
- Synthetic sand and water-based hockey surfaces
- Multi use games areas
- Fully automated Rainbird Irrigation system
- Phillips L.E.D. pitch lighting system
- An entry level turf industry qualification is required. Your previous experience in the turf industry, either summer or winter sports at any level will be of great benefit. PA1, PA6 & PA2 Safe Use of Pesticides qualifications would be advantageous but not essential. Don’t worry if you’re time served or you’re a volunteer. Just provide evidence of your excellent work history
- Good communication skills are essential when it comes to working with your team members, teachers, and coaches.
- Your flexible approach to working hours and tasks with a can-do attitude is what makes you and the team awesome!
- To continually strive for more, for yourself, the team, and the school
This is a full time and permanent position, working any five days over seven on a planned rota. You’ll know your days and weekends off in advance to make time with your friends and family. Working hours to promote a healthy work/life balance. In part due to a Grounds Team that is supportive and considerate of each other’s needs. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. With a salary bracket of £23,686 to £25,000. A current CV is required.
Apply by email with a covering letter and your C.V. to Ben Grigor, Grounds Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you just want to know a little bit more before applying. Send your preferred contact details to email@example.com and request a call back referencing this vacancy.
Q.E. is committed to ensuring a safe environment for its pupils and staff. Applicants will be required to provide proof of identity and undergo the relevant DBS checks for their role. Any personal information you share with us on your application form will be used solely for recruitment purposes. Your details will be held for up to 6 months and destroyed after this time.
Thorpe Underwood Estate, Thorpe Underwood, York, YO26 9SS