Leeds United – Training Ground
We currently have an opportunity for a Groundskeeper to join our team of 8 ground staff based at our fabulous training ground, Thorp Arch, Wetherby. This is a great opportunity for driven individuals who relish a challenge and are driven to succeed in a fast and innovative environment.
The idea candidate will be expected to support to the Heads Groundskeeper in the maintenance and upkeep of the pitch & training grounds maintenance program to ensure the delivery of an excellent playing surface at all locations.
Our playing surface facilities include a hybrid stadium pitch, nine grassed playing surfaces with one and a half hybrid reinforce pitch and two artificial surfaces at the clubs Thorp Arch training grounds.
This role is full time and includes weekend and the candidate must be flexible and adaptable to differing seasonal work patterns.
About The Company
Leeds United Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, where we play at our fabulous stadium based on Elland Road, which has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football’s great theatres and is ‘the only place for us’ ever since. With a capacity of 37,890, it is England’s 11th largest football ground in the Premier League.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
Main Job responsibilities
- Carrying out general grounds care practices, on hybrid, natural and artificial surfaces
- Basic maintenance of machinery and goal post equipment
- Use, handling & application of substances under COSHH regulations
- Operation of many types of grounds equipment and machinery
- Operation of Irrigation Systems and Frost protection covers
- Qualified with an NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent qualification
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 Spraying certificates
- Full Drivers Licence will be beneficial
What we look for in a team member:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Being friendly yet professional
- Being a team player with an ability to resolve conflict and take criticism
- Good attention to detail and punctuality
- Being proactive is key
- High motivation
- Able to use own initiative
- Be confident, approachable, reliable, setting high standards and expectations of themselves
Equality & Diversity:
As we are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
Safeguarding & Recruitment:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of ‘safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility’.
To apply please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org