Watford FC, a Premier League football club, is currently looking to recruit a Groundsperson to join a very busy team to assist in the club’s pitch maintenance programme and to ensure delivery of an excellent playing surface at both the stadium (Vicarage Road Watford) and Training Ground facilities (Bells Lane, London Colney).
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Grounds Maintenance Team to be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
• Pitch Maintenance
Procedures including but not limiting, mowing, marking, aeration, fertilising, scarifying, frost cover application, top dressing, seeding and pitch light manoeuvring/maintenance.
• Equipment Maintenance
Goals, ball stopping nets, advertising boards etc
Greasing, cleaning, setting up, oil checks and visual checks before use
• Liaising with first team/academy coaches and managers
• Ensuring the safety of all playing surfaces
• Adhere to clubs health and safety procedures
• Previous experience in winter sports surfaces
• NVQ level 2 sports turf or equivalent and or working towards
• Spraying certificates (or working towards)
• Excellent time keeping and organization skills
• Ability to work in a team and using own initiative
• Clean driving license
• Willing to work unsociable hours which will include evenings and weekends and have a flexible approach to tasks and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Experience of maintenance of football pitches to professional standard
• Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
• Experience in maintenance and renovation of a desso football pitch
• Experience using the SGL pitch lighting rigs
Process to apply:
1. Please download and complete the Club application form located on the Club website www.watfordfc.com under the career section (Menu/ Club/ Careers)
2. Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all required/essential qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and CV via email to email@example.com or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road, Watford, WD18 OER
Interviews: Week commencing 4th June 2018. Watford Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Permanent full time
35 hour week, including evening, weekend and matchday hours
Depending on experience and qualifications
Thursday, 24 May 2018