Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent boarding and day schools for boys aged between 10 and 18 years, with approximately 1460 pupils and 106 boarding or flexi-boarding pupils. It was founded in 1596 by Elizabeth I’s last Archbishop of Canterbury, John Whitgift, and is the oldest school in Croydon. Whitgift enjoys facilities of outstanding quality, amongst the best available nationally, in a beautiful parkland estate in South Croydon.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our award winning grounds department as they take over the grounds management of the Whitgift Sports Club, less than 1 mile from the main school site. The Whitgift Sports Club is a 9-acre site catering for Old Whitgiftian Rugby, Football and Cricket Clubs at competitive senior level as well as a significant colts contingent and Whitgift School sport fixtures.
We are a seeking to appoint a Groundsperson to join our award winning Grounds Team. Under the general direction of the Head Groundsman, they will assist in the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the Whitgift Sports Club grounds and sports pitches to the highest possible standards.
The successful candidate will be located at Whitgift Sports Club but will be employed by Whitgift School with access to the same benefits and remuneration package as school staff. Experience of working within the sports turf industry is essential.
• Be reliable, enthusiastic and able to work unsupervised.
• Be good humoured and desiring to achieve the highest standards.
• Be flexible and willing to work overtime when required.
• Work individually or as part of a team.
• Have an understanding of the relevant Health and Safety legislation.
• Have experience of 3 or more years of working in the Sports Ground Industry.
• Ideally hold an NVQ/SVQ Level 2 or 3 in Sports Turf Maintenance, IOG National Intermediate Diploma or other relevant equivalent qualification.
• Proven track record in sports ground maintenance
• Driving Licence desirable.
Process to apply:
For further information and an online application form, please visit www.whitgift.co.uk/vacancies. For any queries, please telephone School HR on 020 8688 9222 or e-mail email@example.com.
Applications will be assessed in order of receipt and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received. Please apply as soon as possible.
Whitgift School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Services.
40 hours per week, 8.00am – 4.30pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
£23,067.00-£24,081.00 per annum (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Wednesday, 11 July 2018