Links Golf Club, Newmarket is one of the most renowned golf courses in the area and the venue of choice for many County and Regional events.
The Links, founded in 1902, is an established 18-hole parkland course situated within open heathland, adjacent to the famous Newmarket Racecourses. The course is known for its high standard of design and maintenance, on free draining soil making it playable throughout the year.
The Club is looking for a successor to our current long serving Head Greenkeeper who is retiring. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the greenkeeping team. The successful applicant will need to be experienced, hard working, reliable and highly motivated.
They will need to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to green keeping, the ability to communicate, lead & develop the team.
Applicants will, as a minimum, be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of the following:
- NVQ Level 3 in Green keeping or higher in Sports Turf Management.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience (HGK or Assistant) with a proven ability to plan, organise and implement work programs.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, develop and mentor others.
- Computer literate.
- To be able to prepare and implement budgets
- PA1, 2 and 6a spraying certificates
- Equipped both technically and practically to undertake green keeping duties to the highest standard required at a prestigious members club
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Irrigation experience including repair and maintenance
- NPTC Chainsaw license
- Good working knowledge and maintenance of fine turf machinery
- Construction experience
Salary and benefits package dependant on experience and qualifications within the CGCS recommendations.
Please send a full CV with a detailed covering letter to;
Secretary / Manager
6th June 2018