Unique amongst golf courses in the United Kingdom, Knole Park Golf Club is located within 1000 acres of an outstanding SSSI Deer Park. Knole House, one of the greatest National Trust properties in the country, together with Knole Park Golf Club itself, provides the perfect backdrop to this challenging course that was designed by J. Abercromby and has been enjoyed by its members and visitors since 1924.
The course is highly regarded and features in the English Top 100 listings.
The Club is looking for a new Head Greenkeeper to continue the development of the course and reputation as one of the finest courses in the country.
Knole consists of 18 holes and a new modern practice facility; it is a busy Club with a very active membership. The Club has hosted prestigious events such as the Tillman Trophy and is the home of the Kent Youths Championship.
Ideal applicants will have a proven track record in course and people management, and will either be a current Head Greenkeeper or deputy, with experience at a similar sandy soil course.
The successful candidate will report to the Club Secretary and be responsible for, daily management of all other Green Staff, maintenance of the course and its practice facilities, implementation of strategic course projects set by the Club’s Golf Committee, the body responsible for strategic decisions regarding the course.
Key requirements / characteristics will include:
- Experience of leading and training a team and setting high standards of work
- Up to date knowledge of modern greenkeeping techniques
- Attend Golf Committee meetings
- A desire to present the course in a manner the membership will be proud of
- Ability to manage and oversee both in-house and contracted-out projects
- Have a sound knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and practices
- A good communicator capable of producing concise and informative written documentation
- Be able to demonstrate competent budgeting skills
- An approachable, passionate and driven individual with good judgement when using own initiative.
Salary and pension will be commensurate with experience and the responsibilities of the position.
Applications should be sent to the Club Secretary with a covering letter via: Secretary@knoleparkgolfclub.co.uk
21st September 2018