Chestfield is a private members club founded in 1924, set in approximately 100 acres within the village of Chestfield. Chestfield is a village in the Canterbury District of Kent, England. The parish is centred 0.5 miles from the sea on the north coast of Kent, between the towns of Whitstable and Herne Bay. It is approximately five miles north of Canterbury.
The Club is looking to appoint a Head Greenkeeper to develop and drive the club forward. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation of the greenkeeping team. The successful applicant will need to be experienced, hard-working, reliable and highly motivated. They will need to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to greenkeeping with the ability to communicate, lead and develop the team.
Applicants will, as minimum, be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of the following:
- NVQ Level 3 in Greenkeeping or higher in Sports Turf Management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience (HGK or Assistant) with an ability to plan, organise and implement work programs.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, develop and mentor others.
- Computer literate.
- To be able to prepare and implement budgets.
- PA1, 2 and 6a spraying certificates.
- Equipped both technically and practically to undertake greenkeeping duties to the highest standard required at a prestigious members Club.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
- Irrigation experience, including repair and maintenance.
- NPTC Chainsaw license
- Construction experience
- In depth mechanical knowledge of greenkeeping machinery an advantage.
- To implement the high quality presentation and playing standards of the golf course in accordance with the agreed Course Policy Document.
- To implement and plan Course improvements in accordance with the Course Development Plan.
Salary and benefits package dependent on experience and qualifications.
Please send a full CV with a detailed covering letter to either; email@example.com
The General Manager
Chestfield Golf Club
103 Chestfield Road
Friday 27th July 2018.