This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing family-run business, working with industry-leading manufacturers.
Turfix, part of The Pitchmark Group, is a Queen’s award-winning family business providing premium pitch solutions, primarily to the professional sports turf and independent educational sectors.
- £35k – £50k basic salary
- A rewarding and uncapped personal bonus scheme in conjunction with an unrivalled annual company profit-share bonus
- Fully expensed laptop, phone and company vehicle
- Company provides excellent opportunities for personal skills and career development
- Monday – Friday (37.5 hours)
- Field based and remote-working. Bi-monthly team meetings at our HQ in Bristol
Due to our continued growth we are looking for an experienced, driven and ambitious sales person with an excellent record of consistent sales performance to join the successful Turfix team. Your key role will be to identify new business opportunities and generate sales of our product lines, whilst maintaining and developing existing customer relationships working alongside Regional Account Managers.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with knowledge of technical sales who will work closely with our world-renowned key suppliers: Pitchmark, ICL and Harrod Sport. With a slogan of ‘Your Turf. Our Passion’, the candidate should be someone who is highly driven and enthusiastic about helping create and maintain the highest standard of sports turf in all environments. A proven track record of achieving sales targets is essential and working within the turf and amenity sector is preferred.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilise the current portfolio and revenue streams to develop new business opportunities and establish excellent relationships with new and existing customers
- Ensure customers have a great understanding of Turfix’s products and services including USPs, features and benefits
- Maintain high levels of administration via a CRM system
- Provide appropriate product and service pricing based on achieving a target net margin
- Attend trade exhibitions, events and educational seminars in addition to potential overseas travel (approx. 5-10 visits per year)
- Maintain a periodic customer call cycle calendar including overnight stays
- Actively promote Turfix’s activities and positively engage with customers using social media
- Liaise with the Turfix’s Regional Account Managers to organise practical demonstrations and generate interest in the Turfix Services division
Skills and Attributes
- Be ambitious, motivated and determined
- Provide win/win solutions
- Ability to identify new business, sales, service and product opportunities
- Be flexible and adaptable – overnight stays and potential overseas travel may be required
- Be polite, courteous and customer focused
- Be an outstanding communicator and work with minimum of supervision within a team
- Have the ability to prioritise workload and have excellent time management skills
- Be proactive and takes initiative in a logical, highly-driven manner
- Be physically fit – the role will require a small amount of manual handling / technical demonstration of products
Knowledge, Experience and Practical Ability
- Minimum of five years’ experience of successfully working in a sales environment
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of working in the turf and amenity sector (desirable)
- Proven record of achieving sales targets (essential)
- Full and (preferably) clean driving license (essential)
- Experience in dealing with decision makers in the professional sport and educational sectors (desirable)
- Ability and willingness to provide physical technical demonstrations
- Experience of project management or facilitation skills
- Willingness and ability to liaise with internal and external departments including, but not limited to, contractors, local authorities and governing bodies
- Comfortable liaising with current manufacturers and partners such as Pitchmark, ICL and Harrod Sport
We are looking for a skilled and dynamic professional with business acumen to become a valued member of the Turfix team. If you want to become an integral member of a rapidly growing, friendly family business, then apply using the information below.
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would suit this position to quoting KAM-11/20 as a job reference. Alternatively, should you wish to have a confidential informal discussion about the above role, then please feel free to contact Oliver Boys on 07950 472216. Thank you.
Visit www.turfix.co.uk for further information on our business. Turfix is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for this application is Sunday 13th December.