Copt Heath Golf Club, Solihull West Midlands, has the ambition to continue to be a leading sustainable golf club. It has targets to be Carbon Neutral by 2030, with projects including the installation of a Solar Farm and irrigation storage lake. The recent pandemic has also highlighted the need to maintain a sustainable fleet of equipment, which has resulted in the position of Mechanic becoming available.
The club boast a world leading maintenance facility, already kitted out with a vehicle lift, Bernhard Grinders, storage rooms and a vast array of tools and equipment. It has recently been fitted out with WIFI.
Most machines are John Deere, but both Toro and Kubota machines are also present and a vast array of attachments. To aid the smooth running of the facility the Ground 2 Control system is employed. You will be expected to work closely and communicate with the Course Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the fleet to manufactures guidelines.
- Unit Set-up
- Manage maintenance schedules around the requirements of course work.
- Identify faults and repair machinery.
- Maintaining the workshop.
- Maintaining the Equipment budget.
- Being active in aiding with procurement of machinery
- Maintaining Health and Safety in the Workshop
- Maintaining and executing a grinding rota for all machinery in accordance with the Course Managers expectations.
- Developing a grinding service to other local clubs.
You will ideally have the following skills/experience:
- Experience of machine maintenance
- Time management
- Grinding qualifications
- Greenkeeping experience
You will be expected to manage your own diary, but also be required to aid with course work when required.
To Apply: If you think you are the right person for this job, and want an exciting chance to progress your career then please send your CV and covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary based on experience
Closing date: 1st March 2024
Interviews: 6th -8th March