Rigby Taylor is the UK’s leading supplier of products for the improvement, maintenance and construction of sports, amenity and landscape areas.
Continuous product improvement and working closely with key research based organisations is at the forefront of the Company’s business philosophy. Technological advances spearheaded by the company have culminated in one of its sports pitch line marking products, Impact, receiving the Queens Award for Innovation.
Industry support is also at the top of the company’s agenda and in 2016 the company was appointed the Official Supplier to the FA Pitch Improvement Programme, a long-term initiative aimed at improving grass root football.
Rigby Taylor’s guiding principle is that it sells its products direct to users through a highly qualified sales force, which operates throughout the UK. By maintaining very close links with the users of its products, the Company ensures that the development of its product range is focused very clearly on customer needs.
Reporting into the Regional Sales Director the Technical Representative will:
- Develop sales within the primary business area by selling Rigby Taylor (and partner companies) product to grounds maintenance professionals across all aspects of the grounds maintenance industry
- Work with the Regional Sales Director to identify and develop business opportunities
- Deliver agreed sales target both in terms of volume (turnover) and profit margin
- Develop customer relations by calling to promote products and take orders where the opportunity arises
- Ensure actions arising from calls are followed up on in a timely manner and concluded by maintaining up-to-date records of customer visits
- Use company literature and promotional tools to maximise sales opportunities in agreement with Regional Sales Director
- Use company database to identify additional sales opportunities and agree development plan with Regional Sales Director
- When required contribute to product development and or marketing strategy
- Attend training events and or seminars, exhibitions as required – some overnight stays may be required
As with all roles, demands change over time and therefore the successful applicant may be required to take on additional responsibilities over time. The above is not an exhaustive list of what may be required.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- A strong desire to work in a commercial role, i.e. sales acumen, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, etc
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude and self-motivation are essential in this role as it will require a lot of individual initiative and unsupervised work
- A strong team player with the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team internally across operations/sites, sales support and administration and the sales and marketing teams
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office functions, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- UK driving licence, with willingness for large levels of travel and overnight stay’s as required
- A proactive and flexible approach
- BASIS and FACTS qualifications are not essential but, would be an advantage as the company has a policy of delivering these qualifications over time.
The company will provide comprehensive training and support and an attractive remuneration package including: monthly salary, company car, laptop, mobile phone and a Company pension scheme.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent