Agrigem are an independent specialist advisor & distributor of Agrochemicals, Seeds, Fertilisers & Application Equipment. We strive to provide an excellent service to our customers across many sectors which include, Horticulture, Amenity, Turf, Forestry & Equestrian.
In 2015, Agrigem won the Lincolnshire Media Awards ‘Best New Business Start Up’, wowing judges with their progressive growth & diverse customer range. In 2017 we moved to our brand new, purpose-built office & warehouse, ‘Gem House’ in Saxilby, Lincoln. Widely viewed as the most growing company in the industry, we have an appetite for finding the right people and pushing them for success. In 2018 we were awarded the ‘Best Medium Sized Business in Lincolnshire’ cementing our position within the East Midlands as a company to watch. Further growth in 2019 has seen us recruit further staff & recently expand our office and warehouse facility.
As part of our progressive growth, we currently have an opening for a ‘Technical Sales Rep’ based in the East Midlands within Landscape & Turf. This is a diverse role where you will be responsible for overseeing and developing of your sales ledger offering the most up-to-date technical advice in order to help our customer base. We also have other opportunities outside of this geographical area.
You will have a proven track record of sales with relevant industry experience. You will be commercially savvy and have a good understanding about our customer base & the products we sell, where you will be able to advise on new products or sectors to look at. You will be highly organised and be able to keep cool under pressure. You will have excellent IT skills and be familiar with Outlook, CRM systems, customer databases, Office and various web-based programs.
Roles & Responsibilities
Your role will include, but not limited to the following tasks;
- To develop & manage your current & new customer base of Golf Courses, Sports Clubs, Landscape Contractors, Turf Farms Local Authorities & other relevant companies
- To oversee and develop the geographical area of ‘East Midlands’ working predominantly from our Head Office in Lincoln. This may include;
- Recruitment of further staff including training.
- Lead generation.
- Assisting in the development of our product range.
- Assisting & creating of PR & marketing opportunities including open days, trials sites & tradeshows.
- To prospect new leads & look at adding additional value to existing customers that may be handed to you.
- To respond to calls, emails & customers where you will advise them in a technical manner to assist with their requirements.
- To be involved with any sales driven marketing campaigns.
- To be involved with technical & commercial meetings with regards to products & market positioning.
- To be in attendance at various trade shows & events, some of which may require an overnight stay.
- To work against your own tailored margin sales budget.
This is a full-time position working from 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday-Friday, although due to the seasonality of the position, hours will more than likely be higher in the Spring. There may be exceptions such as busy periods or Trade Shows where you may have to work different hours, evenings or Saturdays. Advanced notice would be given to any of the above.
You will be working from our head office ‘Gem House’, Unit 6, Riverside Enterprise Park, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2FU, although we would expect you to be on the road visiting customers when required.
BASIS, FACTS or other relevant industry qualifications would be advantageous, although continuous training will be offered.
We are offering a highly attractive salary along with a bonus scheme. There will also be further progression available. You will be entitled to 23 days’ holiday per year (plus public holidays). We would request that holidays are not taken through the busiest time, typically March-July (although exceptions could be made).
As part of our commitment to our team, you will also be entitled to Private Healthcare, Gym Membership & additional training specific to your role. The company regularly partakes in social activities and offers company incentive schemes, highlighting our team culture in line with our “Always Great” company values.
Please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2nd 2019