Nominations Open For IOG Awards: Nominations are now open for the 2018 Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) Industry Awards, with 21 categories of entry recognising the passion, dedication and challenges faced by grounds staff in both grassroots and professional sports at clubs of every size and from all areas of the UK.
This year’s awards – the 10th in the series and being held on October 31 at the Hilton Metropole hotel at the Birmingham NEC, on the evening of the first day of SALTEX – includes the introduction of new awards and enhancements to existing categories.
To celebrate the anniversary, the IOG is planning some exciting changes to the awards event which has continually grown in status for acknowledging the achievements of volunteer and professional grounds teams, as well as community clubs and national stadia.
Commenting, IOG chief executive Geoff Webb says: “We are planning some exciting developments for the awards presentations to mark the 10th anniversary. We have added new categories and enhanced the entry criteria – opening up the awards to more potential winners from all sectors of society – at all levels of the sporting spectrum.
“The awards continue to provide the only national stage for the achievements of everyone involved in groundscare across all levels of sport – whether professional teams at stadia or, indeed, the lone volunteer groundsman at a small village club.
“Importantly, applications to every category are encouraged from Scotland, Ireland and Wales, as well as England.”
He adds: “These are the only awards for groundsmen that are judged by groundsmen, and we are lucky to have a dedicated group of volunteer judges with a range of backgrounds that encompass the diversity of the industry and profession today.
“Please take the time to nominate as you must know many deserving candidates and great examples of sports turf management at every level.”
The 2018 IOG Industry Award categories are:
- IOG Toro Most Promising Sports Turf Student of the Year
- IOG Rigby Taylor/Top Green Young Grounds Person of the Year
- IOG Redexim Charterhouse/AMS Volunteer Sports Grounds Person/Team of the Year
- IOG National Governing Bodies’ Community Sports Club Grounds Team/Individual of the Year
- IOG Public Sector Sports Grounds Team of the Year
- IOG Bowling Greenkeeper/Team of the Year
- IOG Best Managed Artificial Surface Award
- IOG Ransomes Environmental and Ecology Strategy Award
- IOG National Governing Bodies’ Professional Multi- Sports Ground/Facility
- IOG Headland Amenity Professional Cricket Grounds Team of the Year
- IOG Professional Tennis Courts Grounds Team/Individual of the Year
- IOG John Deere Professional Horse Racing Grounds Team of the Year
- IOG Professional Rugby Football League Grounds Team of the Year
- IOG Kubota Professional Rugby Football Union Grounds Team of the Year
- IOG SISGrass Professional Football Grounds Team of the Year – for English Leagues 1 & 2, National League, National League North/South, Scottish Championship & Leagues 1 & 2, Ireland & Wales Professional Leagues
- IOG SGL Professional Football Grounds Team of the Year – for the Premier League, Championship and Scottish Premier League
- IOG University/College Grounds Team of the Year
- IOG Growth Products Independent School Grounds Team of the Year
- IOG International Ambassador of the Year
- The IOG Ransomes/DLF Johnsons Alex R Millar Award – to the person chosen as the outstanding winner across all award categories
- IOG GrassMaster Solutions Lifetime/Outstanding Achievement Award.
To make nominations, visit www.iog.org/awards where you can also find full details of entry criteria for each award.
For information on how to sponsor an award, please contact Karen Maxwell on 0908 552 987 or email: email@example.com
For the latest industry news visit turfmatters.co.uk/news
Get all of the big headlines, pictures, opinions and videos on stories that matter to you.
Follow us on Twitter for fun, fresh and engaging content.
You can also find us on Facebook for more of your must-see news, features, videos and pictures from Turf Matters.