Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class stadium.
The Club operates across multiple sites, including a world class Training Centre, where the position of Head Mechanic is based. The Centre is the main location for the Club’s First Team training and coaching activities, and its impeccable presentation is one of the many features that have led to it being recognised as one of the best training facilities in Europe.
To be responsible for the efficient day-to-day maintenance of the Grounds Department machinery both at the Training Centre and Stadium and managing the Assistant Mechanic.
- Make sure all grounds maintenance machinery is working correctly according to manufacturer specifications at both the Training Centre and Stadium.
- Liaise with the Grounds Department’s Health and Safety Administrator to make sure all working procedures that are carried out have the necessary paperwork in place in line with the Club’s health and safety policy including, but not limited to, risk assessments, COSHH, manual handling assessments, safe systems of work and review yearly.
- Maintain workshop area in a neat, orderly fashion and observe working conditions in compliance with safety compliance laws.
- Keep precise and detailed service records of equipment and major repairs to facilitate historical evaluations.
- Liaise with manufacturers in organising machinery servicing and or repair work.
- Carry out fabrication work to improve existing machines as long as it is in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Provide detailed reports of machinery in the respect of service work along with repairs carried out by yourself.
- Respond efficiently and effectively to all breakdowns and ensure machinery is fit for purpose following repair work carried out.
- Be able to plan and prioritise work in accordance with the needs of the department.
- Carry out additional duties on behalf of the Head of Playing Surfaces and Estates and the Training Centre Grounds Manager such as repair work and fabrication.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills along with the ability to show the values of being a team player.
- Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment efficiently and as cost effectively as possible.
- Ensure there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- Be able to demonstrate the best practice in respect of prevention of equipment failure.
- Maintaining GMB/yards.
- Buggy induction instructor, manual handling trainer, first aider, fire warden and trained machine operator.
- Track parcels and deliveries to the GMB as well as ordering materials and tools.
- Retaining all service documents/certificates pertinent to role (extractor fan certificates etc).
- Maintaining and monitoring ladders.
- Monitoring daily checks of vehicles/tools.
- Diesel and petrol monitoring and ordering.
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Thinks ahead, generates ideas and thinks of creative solutions to problems
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to high standards, takes responsibility
- Proactive, energetic and self-sufficient
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience and understanding of landscape equipment
- Suitable qualifications in mechanical engineering
- Three years previous experience in a similar environment desirable
- Full driving licence
- Free lunch on site
- Discounts from retail partners and in Spurs’ Stores
- Discount off Spurs visitor attractions – Dare Skywalk and Stadium Tours
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please refer to Careers page on the Club website: Click here
Closing date for applications: 5pm Sunday 17th October 2021
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check.