|Area covered||3 Positions are available:
· Home Counties
|Role type||Permanent, Full Time|
|Salary||Dependant on experience|
Headland Amenity originated in 1994 as a division of Headland Agrochemicals, a British independent supplier of adjuvants and micronutrient products to agriculture. By 1997 the business had an increasing customer base predominately in golf and sportsturf and was building a niche as a specialist fertiliser and pesticide manufacturer and supplier.
Over the following years, Headland Amenity introduced a number of unique technologies and brand leading products, often specifically developed for the UK turf and amenity markets.
Today’s product portfolio includes over 50 fertiliser formulations, encompassing conventional, slow and controlled release technology in both solid and liquid forms, as well as a growing range of pesticides and growth management products. Customers include the largest and smallest of Golf Clubs, Cricket and Bowling Clubs, Racecourses, Landscapers, Local Authorities, Lawncare and Contractors, as well as many others.
Headland staff have many years combined knowledge of the turf and amenity markets in the UK and Europe, with experience gained in both practical turf management, (many of our staff have been Greenkeepers or Groundsmen) or in product development.
With this in mind the role of the Technical Sales Manager will be use their knowledge to support and advise customers in the use of Headland Amenity products. You will be expected to manage and develop sales to ensure Company sales targets are achieved.
The Technical Sales Manager will:
- Provide technical support to end user customers
- Manage existing key and major accounts for both current and potential business
- Respond rapidly to customer enquiries and to see them to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Identify and obtain new business opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records of customer contact, sales and prospects as well as other required reporting procedures.
- Provide market feedback on competitor activity as appropriate as well as other products, service opportunities that may benefit the Company
- Contribute towards preparation and implementation of sales forecasts and marketing plans
- Assist in planning, preparation and presentation of internal sales meetings.
- Ensure clear communication with the amenity sales team and other Headland personnel where appropriate.
- Attend and assist in setting up industry trade shows and events.
- Contribute to the marketing function by identifying and reporting potential positive P.R.
- Contribute to NPD on an ongoing basis by identifying opportunities in the market.
- Demonstrate a high-quality approach and service ethos to all activities.
As with all roles, demands change over time and therefore the successful applicant may be required to take on additional responsibilities as the demands of the Company dictate.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- A strong desire to work in a commercial role, i.e. sales acumen, drive, enthusiasm
- A good technical understanding of turf care, turf nutrition and use of pesticides
- A good understanding of the selling process and the ability to establish the requirements of customers
- The ability to build customer service focused relationships and interact with both existing and prospective customers
- A focus on customer service and on helping to increase quality, raise standards, improve results and exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent presentational and communication skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude and self-motivation are essential in this role as it will require a lot of individual initiative and unsupervised work
- Working knowledge of MS Office functions, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Clean UK driving licence, with willingness for travel and overnight stays as required
- A proactive and flexible approach
- BASIS/Facts would be desirable but not essential
These roles are field based involving some level of travel and will require some work from home. Overnight stays will be required from time to time e.g. to accommodate exhibitions, sales meetings or in the course of efficient territory coverage. A company vehicle will be provided, and all business expenses will be covered.
The company will provide comprehensive training and support and an attractive remuneration package including: monthly salary, company car, laptop, mobile phone and a Company pension scheme.
To apply for one of the vacancies please send a covering letter (including the area you are applying for) and a CV to email@example.com.
14th February 2020