JOB TITLE: Groundskeeper
DEPARTMENT: Operations/Compton Grounds
REPORTS TO: Head Groundsperson
LOCATION: Sir Jack Hayward Training Ground, Compton
HOURS: Full-time 37.5 hours per week including evenings, weekends and match-days.
DATE: July 2021
We are Wolves. Progressive, determined, bright, unified and humble. A pack that is hungry for success. Wolves is one of the fastest growing football brands in Europe, and also boasts one of the richest histories in the beautiful game.
On the pitch there is back-to-back seventh place finishes in the Premier League and European competition for the first time in nearly 40 years; and away from the pitch Wolves is becoming much more than just a football club, with brand verticals in esports, music and fashion helping to diversify the fanbase and provide compelling commercial propositions for new partners.
At Wolves we don’t simply look to the future, we seize it.
We take seriously our commitment to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and to ensuring that Wolves is free from discrimination and harassment.
Wolves are searching for an experienced and motivated individual to take up the position of groundskeeper.
Working in a team of grounds staff, the successful applicant will strive to ensure all the pitches at our Compton Training Ground meet the highest possible standard.
The successful applicant will be a team player who takes pride in the quality of their work and attention to detail.
- Ensure that the pitches meet the exceptional quality standards required by Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club
- Use pedestrian and ride on mowers on football pitches
- Mark out pitches
- Assist in the renovation of pitches and grass areas
- Clean equipment and wash down areas
- Keep all equipment and materials in good condition
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of all relevant industry developments
- Other Ad Hoc duties as and when required
- Compliance with club policies
- Compliance with the club’s health and safety procedures
- Compliance with the club’s safeguarding policies
- To promote the club’s values
- To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the club
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- To maintain professional conduct at all times
- Head Groundsperson and Grounds Staff colleagues
- General Manager Operations/Football Administration
- First Team and Academy Coaching Personnel
Scope of job
The groundskeeper will work within a team to ensure all Compton pitches meet the highest possible standard.
The successful candidate must be a hard worker and willing to get involved with any other duties within the remit of the grounds department. Must also be flexible with their working hours during peak periods, and the successful applicant may be required to work on home matchdays.