Eight in one with the new Fortis mower: The new Fortis range of cylinder lawnmowers from Cobra delivers advanced lawn mower technology to bring a convenient lawncare solution with incredible cutting precision.
The range combines eight machines in one to give the ultimate package for creating picture perfect lawns, and are the first powered cylinder mowers to be launched by Cobra.
There are four mowers in the Fortis range. Starting with a compact 14” model that is powered by a Loncin petrol engine, and then the 17”, 20” and 25” all featuring Briggs & Stratton engines for extra power for larger lawns. They are all self-propelled and have a three-way drive facility, allowing the blades to be disengaged without having to stop the engine.
Fortis mowers all feature a six-blade precision ground cutting cylinder to give the finest, most precise cut possible. The height of cut can easily be adjusted too with variants as low as 6mm and ranging up to 30mm. The finishing touch to the perfect cut comes from the steel front roller giving an enhanced definition to the iconic lawn stripes.
Convenience and comfort have also been considered as the mowers have foam cushioned handles that fold down for easy transportation and compact storage.
What makes the Fortis machines the ultimate in lawncare however, is their ability to transform into seven other machines to ensure that lawns are immaculate and healthy. The Fortis six-bladed cassette can simply be removed and replaced with another accessory cassette in the range to switch its use. Other cartridges include:
- Verticutter – lightly removes thatch build up with light, fine blades without penetrating the soil and by cutting vertically to increase turf density
- Scarifier – more aggressive than the verticutter and can easy remove debris and dense thatch by penetrating the soil to encourages new growth
- Dethatcher – will remove the densest layers of thatch and will collect twice as much material as the verticut cartridge. Its thick, wide spaced tines will penetrate the soil up to 6mm deep
- Aerator – brakes up soil compaction as its blades slit the ground to allow extra air, moisture and nutrients to reach the grass roots. Ultimately, creating a healthier, thicker and more luscious lawn
- Turf rake – powerful blades both lift thatch and thinly slice soil surface to ensure maximum water, air and nutrients can flow to the roots
- Lawn brush – features rotating brushes that easily collects light debris such as fallen leaves, twigs, grass clippings or litter and places it in the collection box. It can also be used to remove dew and light rain from the lawn to prevent fungal diseases
- 10-blade cassette – gives an even closer finish worthy of croquet, tennis lawns and bowling greens!
It’s not just the convenience of the cartridges that makes the Fortis range so special, the cutting ability is superb and incredible precise.
The cylinder mowers’ blades spiral around the cartridge, as such they cut with a scissor action, slicing instead of chopping like a rotary mower. This is better for the grass, as it has less impact and causes less trauma which in turn leads to healthier grass. The clean cut from a cylinder mower is less damaging for the plant and also helps prevent against diseases forming. Not only does this create healthy lawns, but it also gives crisply defined lines for a perfectly striped finish.
For further information about Cobra, please visit www.cobragarden.co.uk.
For the latest industry news visit turfmatters.co.uk/news
Get all of the big headlines, pictures, opinions and videos on stories that matter to you.
You can also find us on Facebook for more of your must-see news, features, videos and pictures from Turf Matters.