New Stiga park front mower: The new sixth generation of Park front mowers from STIGA are the most innovative, powerful, practical and consumer friendly ever introduced and have evolved from the 45-year history of the brand.
They are designed for maintaining large areas, from private houses with extensive lawns, through to professional or commercial use. The accessories that are available ensure the machines are all-rounders, fit for a range of jobs.
Machines in the range are largely petrol powered, with one battery option, and many have been modernised and upgraded for 2021. Whilst some models are powered by Honda or Briggs & Stratton, the majority are powered by the very latest STIGA engines and marketed as ‘Powered by STIGA’.
“This new range is a distillation of all those years of experience and establishes completely new high standards for front mowers. We have incorporated the latest technical innovations allied to a very strong emphasis on delivering a smoother and safer ride for the user” says Gary Tully, Sales and Marketing Director of STIGA UK Limited.
New innovations for 2021 include:
- A greatly improved driving experience with a strong emphasis on comfort and safety. This includes ergonomically designed seating, a new more comfortable drive pedal and a reconfigured steering column;
- Power steering and electric PTO are standard on all models and electric height of cut adjustment on machines with electric cutter decks;
- A total aesthetic redesign ensures a modern style for the new Park range which reflects user demands and achieves improved technical performance, including enhanced air flow that reduces oil temperature by up to 10%;
- Greater traction on uphill cutting with a 35% improvement in transmission performance on the 4 x 4 models;
- Drive belts are made from Aramid, a chloroprene compound providing increased durability and strength;
- Blue Tooth connectivity, via a dedicated App, that can link directly to dealers to organise servicing on selected models, as well as a digital display showing running time, next service due date etc;
- Park models are compatible with STIGA’s patented QuickFlip deck technology;
- Improved LED headlights on many models;
- A hard steel rear bumper;
- An external, easily accessible fuel cap so no more having to lift the bonnet to refill.
- In total there are nine redesigned Park machines in the range.
- Retail prices range from £3938 (including VAT) for the Park 320P & 95cm cutting deck to £14,128 (including VAT) for the Park PRO 740 IOX & 110cm cutting deck.
The Park 640 PWX reflects all of the key new features of the redesigned range. It has a new high-back seat with arm rests available as an optional extra. An ergonomic side dashboard keeps everything to hand: electromagnetic PTO and electric height of cut adjustment makes operations easier and more comfortable.
With unmatched 50:50 articulation, this machine allows the operator to turn around obstacles or run alongside walls and fences without looking back, as the rear part of the machine always directly follows the path of the front.
Powered by the Stiga ST 600 Twin engine that provides almost 20hp (gross), with Tuff Torq all-wheel drive, the Park 640 PWX has the power to accomplish any task. It has a three-year standard warranty. It is fitted with high-beam headlights making it easier to use in low light conditions.
The Park 345 PWX, the Park PRO 540 1X and the Park PRO 740 IOX are powered by Honda. Three further machines in the range use Briggs & Stratton engines. The e-Park 220 is powered by a 48V Lithium-ion battery.
With a wide range of accessories available these machines are adaptable for all four seasons. From a combi-cart, an edge cutter that trims edges and paths, a fertiliser spreader, flail mower, sweeper and even a snow plough, there is so much more to these mowers than just perfecting grass cutting. Visit Stiga.com/UK to see the large range of accessories available.
For the latest industry news visit turfmatters.co.uk/news
Get all of the big headlines, pictures, opinions and videos on stories that matter to you.
You can also find us on Facebook for more of your must-see news, features, videos and pictures from Turf Matters.