Full-time Groundsperson to work as part of a small team preparing playing surfaces to the highest standards at The Kia Oval and our outground venues in Guildford and New Malden
Salary and Benefits
Salary: £28,000 -£ 32,000 per annum dependant on experience
23 days holiday per year
Club Bonus Scheme
Non-Contributory Pension scheme
Private Health Care
An excellent opportunity to progress your skills in an environment, which encourages continued professional development and strives to be the best. Within this role there will be prospect for the candidate to move on to a senior groundsperson role on acquiring the relevant experience and qualifications. The senior role includes responsibilities in staff management and pitch preparation at our outground venues.
• ensuring the Club’s playing surfaces are maintained and presented to the highest possible standards using the latest turfcare machinery, equipment, and techniques.
• all aspects of cricket ground preparation and renovation including deploying rain covers, mowing, marking out, erection and dismantling of Practice nets and the operation of pedestrian and tractor mounted machinery.
• lead and guide casual groundstaff as required enabling the smooth running of Matchdays and non-matchdays.
• routine maintenance of turfcare machinery
• maintain health and safety in the workplace and comply with company procedures and guidelines.
• all other duties consistent with grounds preparation at an industry leading sporting venue.
The successful candidate will have the following experience / skills / qualities:
• ability to work in a team and on own as required
• willingness to learn new techniques
• good communicator
• desire to push the boundaries
• flexible approach to working, as the role will include weekend evening work and travel to support the other grounds
• a can-do attitude
• experience or at least an interest in cricket pitch preparation
• good all round Turfcare knowledge.
• turf science qualification
• PA1, PA2 & PA6 Safe use of Pesticide, qualifications
• driving license.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter stating the reasons why you are suitable for this post to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is the 31st January
Interviews will be held in early February