Rigby Taylor Commemorates WWI: To commemorate the centenary of the end of World War I, Rigby Taylor has introduced a number of Euroflor Commemorate wildflower mixes, with each of the six new mixes having special meaning:
- Honour – a combination of red, white and blue flowers; the three colours of the Union Jack symbolising patriotism;
- Souvenir – 100% Red Poppies – the Poppy in Great Britain, Commonwealth countries and the USA symbolises the blood spilled by the allied forces;
- Bleuet – predominantly blue but also with white, pink and crimson Cornflowers; Cornflowers originally represented young French soldiers arriving on the battlefield and wearing new, grey/blue uniforms thereafter symbolising those who died for France;
- Alliance – a mixture of Red Poppies and Cornflowers; the combination mix of the red and blue symbolises the alliance of British and French soldiers;
- Peace – a white flower mix including Gypsophilia elegans, to symbolise the armistice and ending of hostilities; and
- Hope – a mix of bright colours, including perennial species for longevity to symbolise hope.
The mixes are available either as a Discovery boxed sets of 10 x 50 gm sachets (any combination) or as individual 1 kg sachets. Each 50 gm sachet will cover 10-15 m2; I kg will cover 150-350 m2. Colour brochures describing these and other Eurflor mixtures are available from a Rigby Taylor area representative or via Freephone 0800 424919.
For more information, visit: www.rigbytaylor.com
For the latest industry news visit turfmatters.co.uk/news
Get all of the big headlines, pictures, opinions and videos on stories that matter to you.
Follow us on Twitter for fun, fresh and engaging content.
You can also find us on Facebook for more of your must-see news, features, videos and pictures from Turf Matters.