Moortown Golf Club, founded in 1909 and well-known as one of the finest golf courses in the North of England, is recruiting to enhance our excellent team of greenkeepers.
The Club is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Greenkeeper to join the existing team. The successful candidate will be expected to help ensure our course is maintained to the highest level and will have a passion for attention to detail.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a greenkeeping position
- Must be qualified up to a minimum of NVQ Level 2 Sports Turf Management or similar qualification.
- Full driving License is required
The following qualifications would be an advantage, but are not essential:
- Spraying Certificates PA1, PA2 and PA6
- Chainsaw certificates in felling and cross-cutting
- First Aid
Successful candidate will be provided with:
- Competitive Salary with extra payment for overtime (Weekend overtime on a rota basis)
- Major tournament experience
- Pension scheme available after 3 months
- Development and training opportunities
- Full uniform and PPE provided
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional and welcoming approach at all times when dealing with members, guests and visitors.
- Work effectively with all members of the Greenkeeping Team.
- Carry out routine golf course maintenance tasks as directed by the Course Manager. For example – the maintenance of bunkers, course furniture, drainage and general presentation
- To assist in turf maintenance including mowing, irrigation, and control of pests and diseases on the greens and other playing surfaces.
- To assist in setting up the course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, as directed by the Course Manager.
- In conjunction with the Course Manager, gain knowledge of the plant machinery used for specific tasks, ensuring you are only using the machinery you have been properly trained on. Use it in the correct manner and comply with Health and Safety regulations whilst in operation.
- Prepare machinery ready for use and clean machinery after use. Carry out any maintenance required to the machinery as requested by the Course Manager
- Remain conversant with modern greenkeeping practices and to attend training courses which are identified by the club as being necessary for the performance of the position.
- Take all responsible steps and be proactive to protect the health, safety, welfare of yourself, all employees, members and visitors by following all legislative rules & guidance.
- Report to the Course Manager any incidents or problems you observe or are brought to your attention.
- Ensure all faults and defects relating to the condition of the course, equipment, tools, buildings etc. are reported to the Course Manager.
To Apply: Cover letter and CV should be sent to Steve Robinson, Course Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
19th February 2024