1 – South Central/South of M4 Corridor
2 – East Midlands, Cambs, Beds, Bucks & Herts
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an ambitious (current or previous) grounds person or greenkeeper to join the successful Pitchmark Group team. Your key role will be to carry out product demonstrations and contracting work such as initial line marking of pitches. You will also be tasked with identifying new business opportunities and generating sales of our product lines, whilst maintaining and developing existing customer relationships.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with industry knowledge who understands the daily issues that grounds teams face. You will be an individual who is able to work closely with our world-renowned key suppliers: Pitchmark, ICL and Harrod Sport. The candidate should be someone who is highly driven and enthusiastic about helping create and maintain the highest standard of sports turf in all environments. Experience of working within the turf and amenity sector using products such as line marking paints, nutritional products or machinery is essential.
- Monday – Friday (37.5 hours – no weekends)
- Field based and remote-working. Quarterly team meetings at our HQ in Bristol.
- Competitive and commensurate in the region of £25-£30k+, depending upon experience
- A rewarding and uncapped personal bonus scheme in conjunction with an annual company profit-share bonus
- Fully expensed laptop, phone and company vehicle
- 20 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company provides excellent opportunities for personal skills and career development
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilise the current portfolio and revenue streams to develop new business opportunities within the region and establish excellent relationships with new and existing customers
- Ensure customers have a great understanding of The Pitchmark Group’s products and services including USPs, features and benefits
- Promote and undertake customer training sessions, demonstrations and contracting works using our line marking machines and paints
- Achieve financial revenue targets as set out by The Pitchmark Group
- Maintain high levels of administration via our CRM system
- Attend trade exhibitions, events and educational seminars
- Maintain a periodic customer call cycle calendar that will include some overnight stays
- Actively promote The Pitchmark Group’s activities and positively engage with customers using social media
Skills and Attributes
- Be ambitious, motivated and determined
- Be flexible and adaptable – overnight stays and longer working hours during busy periods may be required
- Be polite, courteous and customer-focused
- Be an outstanding communicator and work with minimum of supervision within a team
- Have the ability to prioritise workload and have excellent time management skills
- Be proactive and takes initiative in a logical, highly-driven manner
- Be physically fit – the role will require manual handling/demonstration of products
Knowledge, Experience and Practical Ability
- Good technical knowledge and experience of working in the turf and amenity sector (essential)
- Full and (preferably) clean driving license (essential)
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate products (essential)
- Experience of project management or facilitation skills
- Willingness and ability to liaise with internal and external departments including, but not limited to, contractors, local authorities and governing bodies
- Comfortable liaising with current suppliers and partners such as Pitchmark, ICL and Harrod Sport
We are looking for a fun and enthusiastic person to become a valued member of The Pitchmark Group. If you want to become an integral member of a rapidly growing, friendly family business, then apply using the information below.
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would suit this position to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting RAM-10/21 as a job reference. Alternatively, should you wish to have a confidential informal discussion about the above role, then please feel free to contact Oliver Boys on 07950 472216. Thank you.
Visit www.thepitchmarkgroup.com for further information on our business. The Pitchmark Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date – Friday 12th November