Rain Bird have an open position in UK for a Golf Sales Specialist to support and manage UK, Ireland and Iceland.
Promotion within our team has presented an exciting opportunity to join the Golf team and work with a leading global manufacturer of irrigation products and services in this fast paced and dynamic region of Europe. He or she will educate and uphold our commitment to The Intelligent Use Of Water™.
A suitable candidate will possess a positive attitude with strong communication skills, will be customer driven with a willingness to work independently throughout the region providing sales and service support to distributors, contractors and golf courses. They will be responsible for visiting existing and prospective customers, promoting the use of Rain Bird Golf solutions and train customers on how to water efficiently and responsibly.
The daily activities will include reporting to and working alongside the Regional Golf Sales Manager and specifically travel throughout UK, Ireland and Iceland. On occasions the candidate may be required to visit countries outside this region.
The Golf Sales Specialist role is a “solution based” sales representative who will be capable of the following :
- Profitably grow golf and service sales by managing opportunities to drive business and grow Rain Bird’s market share.
- Manage direct relationship with influencers, contracting and distribution our partners.
- Provide intensive support and frequency of visits to ensure Rain Bird product developments are communicated throughout the region.
- Make technical product and systems demonstrations in front of specialized audiences of Greenkeepers, Course Managers, course owners, contractors and specifiers.
- Support our distributors, provide training, after-sales technical support packages to golf course owners, committees, consultants, contractors, developers and Course Managers.
- Cultivate and actively support the region’s industry partnerships and organisation with focus on end users such as collaborative open days and education.
- Analyse irrigation systems at existing clubs, identify suitable Rain Bird solutions to enhance and future proof their systems.
- Provide the team with updates on market activities such as competitive actions, maintain and fulfill high end user customer expectations through support and feedback.
A successful candidate will be technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, highly self-motivated and will have an agronomic experience and irrigation knowledge.
This position requires intensive traveling of at least 50% of the person’s time.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the irrigation or golf industry
- Strong agronomic back ground
- A strong attitude toward selling
- Experience as a greenkeeper or course manager, or as a contractor
- Ability to achieve results individually and through others
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (Word, Excel etc.)
- BA or graduate degree
- CRM or Management software experience
Please submit resumes to the online position on Rain Bird’s website or email Jimmy Sandison (email@example.com) by April 10th 2021